PETER ARNOUT - SHALL WE KILL IT

 PETER ARNOUT - SHALL WE KILL IT

Last Sunday I was invited by Daithi Rua, an Irish (based in Belgium) singer songwriter and the host of the magnificent Rua Room, to attend a Rua Room showcase. It was a special edition for Daithi's birthday featuring Hondshaai, Bob Theil, Eve's Garden, Allen Temple (check out these artists, they are amazing !) and the highlighted artist Peter Arnout. After following his work for some time now I finally got the chance to see him perform live.

And it was amazing. The whole bar was hanging on the man's lips. Everybody got enchanted by the way he played his guitar, not just being an instrument but an extention of his body giving him a way of expressing himself not only by voice but also by playing his guitar. In the audience (and you can't proof it was me) you could see tears appearing in some people's eyes. I was listening with mixed feelings, one part of me was enjoying the show to the fullest, the other part was cursing myself for not having discovered this great artist any sooner. Not only him as a solo-artist but also the bands he played in, The Dry Livers and Melnik.

After the show I got the chance to talk to Peter and to Maria Little (the artist that did the amazing artwork on his album) while they were signing a copy of Peter's album for me. The cliche always tells you that you should never meet your heroes. Well, in this case the cliche is wrong !! Peter is a big guy with a big heart, not only for his music but also for his fans. Don't hesitate to go and see him play if you get the chance and give him the love he deserves.

About the choice for the song. I really could have picked any song, I love them all. Shall We Kill It was one of the first songs I ever heard of Peter and it just kicked in.


Lyrics : haven't found any yet

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

OFF THE GRID FESTIVAL

JERRY MOTOR - MARY

ALPS. - WANT YOU NOW