ANDREW McGIBBON - FLAMINGOES OF LOVE

 ANDREW McGIBBON - FLAMINGOES OF LOVE

Do you know The Bonnevilles ? The Northern Irish duo from Lurgan that don't so much play punk blues but rather used it as a spring board to create a completely new genre. They take Mississippi Hill Blues and Punk Rock and mix it into their own unique dark Northern Irish Punk Blues stew.

If you don't know them it's your loss (seriously, just check them out) and you did not read this blog very well because I already mentioned them in this blogpost.

Andrew McGibbon is one half of The Bonnevilles and in 2020 he already touched my music-loving hearth with his first solo album Northern Gothic and I was glad to hear that there is a new album coming up : Northern Gothic 2 - Letters To a Young Rebel. The album will not be ready for a while yet but Andrew already released a first single : Flamingoes of Love.

It's a song in different layers. The first half of the song is very cinematic. When I close my eyes listening to it I see landscapes passing by. It could be the soundtrack for a movie that I would probably love. Then Andrews continues with his guitar and an almost fragile voice. Going further in the song both layers come together. 

I'm in love with this song and no, it has nothing to do with the flamingoes in the title. Can't wait to listen to the album !!


Lyrics :

Did not find any yet

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

OFF THE GRID FESTIVAL

JERRY MOTOR - MARY

ALPS. - WANT YOU NOW