OFF THE GRID FESTIVAL

OFF THE GRID FESTIVAL

Normally I write about a song that caught my attention or that has a special meaning to me but this article is a tribute to this small festival that I had the honor in attending in Croatia's capital Zagreb at the Vintage Industrial Bar

This story actually starts in June 2022. While I was watching the amazing band L.H.D. at the Trash'n'Burn festival in Croatia, I met some great people who were also in a band called Melewai. We started talking, drank some beers and after the festival we stayed in touch. From time to time they released a new song on Bandcamp and I just loved their songs.

I promised them that whenever they would play their first live gig I would do my best to be there. And then the news came that Melewai was going to play at the Off The Grid festival, organised by L.H.D. and together with Sumski and Psycho Mutants. So, keeping my promise, I was there on the 27th of December.

Melewai opened the festival and a lot of people did not really know what to expect but hearing the audience explode after their first song was magical and it confirmed that I wasn't the only one that liked what they did.


Next up was the band from Hungary, the Psycho Mutants. With their energetic and driving sound they kept the audience focused and they kept the party going.



Now comes the part where I'm deeply ashamed. Sumski played an awesome set and altough they sing in Croatian and I didn't understand much of the lyrics they had this vibe that went through the entire venue and that made everybody move but ... I forgot to make a video of them !! So here is footage of Sumski playing at the IN MUSIC festival in 2022.


Last but not least it was the hosts turn. L.H.D. played a set that was louder and rougher than I have seen them before but what a show they brought !!! Taking instrumental music to a next level and making every last person in the venue go with the good vibes

. This was not just a festival, it was an experience and everybody who was there left with a big smile and an amazing memory. If there is another edition next year and I get the chance... I'll be there for sure !!!






Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

JERRY MOTOR - MARY

ALPS. - WANT YOU NOW