BLUR - THE NARCISSIST

 BLUR - THE NARCISSIST

Coincidence does not exist. That is a phrase I often use because so many things that happen in my life can not be assigned to chance. At a time that I seem to be dealing with several narcissists in my near environment, I come across this Blur song. In essence narcissism is a mental health condition in which people have an unreasonably high sense of their own importance. This translates in seeking too much attention and lacking the ability to understand or care about the feelings of others.

It seems to me that lately more and more people are having narcissistic traits. Is this something that society or social media is responsible for ? Or is it just that in recent years it comes to the surface more ? The Narcissist is a cautionary song about the dangers of excessive self-love and addiction and the importance of breaking free from them. The chorus of the song narrates the determination of following a different path and heed the signs that will lead them away from their self-obsession.


Lyrics :

In the video

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

OFF THE GRID FESTIVAL

JERRY MOTOR - MARY

ALPS. - WANT YOU NOW