DOGTOOTH & NAIL - LEARNING HOW TO UNLEARN

 DOGTOOTH & NAIL - LEARNING HOW TO UNLEARN

Dogthooth & Nail are - in their own words - two punks playing folky, bluesy political tunes about environmentalism, feminism, anti-capitalism, healing and creating change. Many of their songs are about personal struggles and struggles they are in solidarity with. 

Learning How To Unlearn is a song about de-stigmatizing mental health and is dedicated to anyone who has struggled with mental health, been affected by suicide or lost a loved one to suicide.

Somewhere in the lyrics it says : "I step out of straight lines, A box can't define my story" and I must say that's what hit me the most. I guess if we would all step out of the straight lines and stop with putting everything in "boxes", the world would be a better place. 

Thank you for this song Dogtooth & Nail, and for the healing power that comes with it !!


Lyrics :

Everything I love seems to be falling apart 

You're not broken but you just need some mending 

And I'll take the time to pull every stitch 

I can't fix you but I promise I'll listen 

{Chorus} 

So don't be afraid to talk to somebody 

Don't be afraid I promise you'll find someone who's safe 

Cause we're all learning how to unlearn 

Rosy cheeks and tired feet I'm use to climbing mountains 

Sweat on my neck and muddy knees 

I'm use to falling down, down, use to falling down 

 I fall into patterns (x7) 

I fall into patterns… (x7) 

We all carry packs full of bottles and rocks 

I know you’re tired but I don’t think it’s over 

I see strength in your sadness 

Won’t ask you to smile 

And it’s ok that you’re not ok 

Cause some of my friends they’ve wanted to die 

Some of them have made it to the other side 

I’ve been where you’re at trying to hold back a knife but the worst of times was when I couldn’t even cry 

{Chorus} 

The only home that is my own is this body 

I am always occupying stolen land 

The only home that is my own is this body 

So I’ll cover it with sunflowers and songs 

And the way that you see me is not my reality 

I step out of straight lines 

A box can’t define my story 

I’m learning how to unlearn 

So I listen to voices unheard 

I’m learning how to unlearn 

So I listen to voices.

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

OFF THE GRID FESTIVAL

JERRY MOTOR - MARY

ALPS. - WANT YOU NOW