MELEWAI - NOW IS FOREVER

 MELEWAI - NOW IS FOREVER

Last year, at the wonderful Trash'n'Burn festival in Croatia (which I can't visit this year and that's really a bummer), my son and I got to meet two beautiful people : Martina and Antonelo.  We got talking and it turned out that they had been in a band called Tyger Lamb (more about them later) but this band had stopped.  Now they started a new band called Melewai.

In this new band they mix surf rock, garage rock and psychedelic rock and they call it "the songs of water".  Once in a while they tease me with a new song on Bandcamp - you won't find them on any streaming platforms before their album is finished - and their latest addition is called Now Is Forever.

The song has a nice "surfy" build-up with a bass and a guitar that drags you into the story.  Somewhere in the middle it gives you a psychedelic punch in the face and moves on with a soothing voice to bring you to the end of the song.  For me it was like a complete movie got translated into just one song.

But perhaps I'm not completely impartial : I just love Melewai !!


Lyrics :

now!

now now now
now now now now
now now now now now 
now is forever
now 
now is fo(u)r


Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

OFF THE GRID FESTIVAL

JERRY MOTOR - MARY

ALPS. - WANT YOU NOW