WHISKEY DICK - FALLEN HEROES

 WHISKEY DICK - FALLEN HEROES

It's been over a decade now that I've been following these guys from Fort Worth in Texas.  Just two guys with their guitar and that's it.  They can entertain a crowd at a festival but their pep isn't any less when they play at a local bar.

Fallen Heroes is a song that was written as a tribute to Dimebag Darrel but it has given me consolation any time when I had to say goodbye to someone near to me.


Lyrics :

I have followed that lost highwayYears of pain have kept me awayYou opened my eyes to see the light of dayAnd I thank you you're here to stay
I drink to remember, I drink to forgetI drink for my heroes, I pour one for themI drink to remember, I drink to forgetI drink for my heroes, I pour one for themOne last time to say goodbyeOne last time to say goodbye, my fallen hero
You're guitar is my soulI still hear you playin' all night longI feel the wind blow and I know that your homeAnd I thank you so lets tie one on
I drink to remember, I drink to forgetI drink for my heroes, I pour one for themI drink to remember, I drink to forgetI drink for my heroes, I pour one for themOne last time to say goodbyeOne last time for Dime, my fallen hero
The road is long but I see the endA life thats free not controlled my friendA day apart we soon will seeTwo roads crossed and I'm glad this one was me
I drink to remember, I drink to forgetI drink for my heroes, I pour one for themI drink to remember, I drink to forgetI drink for my heroes, I pour one for himI drink to remember, I drink to forgetI drink for my heroes, I pour one for themOne last time to say goodbyeOne last time for Dime, my fallen hero

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

OFF THE GRID FESTIVAL

JERRY MOTOR - MARY

ALPS. - WANT YOU NOW