CHIP TAYLOR & THE NEW UKRAINIANS - FUCK ALL THE PERFECT PEOPLE

 CHIP TAYLOR & THE NEW UKRANIANS  

FUCK ALL THE PERFECT PEOPLE

This song pops up frequently on my playlist and - shame on me - I never knew who Chip Taylor was until I recently did some research.  Anyway this proves my earlier statement about not being a music connoisseur. Chip Taylor (real name James Wesley Voight) is an American singer-songwriter and he's the brother of actor Jon Voight which also makes him Angelina Jolie's uncle.

Apart from these famous family ties Chip Taylor is also the author of hits like Wild Thing (The Troggs) and Angel Of The Morning (Evie Sands).  Artists like Janis Joplin, Emmylou Harris, Willie Nelson and The Hollies also recorded some of his creations.

I'm sure I will never forget this any time I hear Fuck All The Perfect People again. And being not perfect I'm glad this song isn't about me. 


Lyrics :

To be or not to beTo free or not to freeTo crawl or not to crawlFuck all those perfect people
To sleep or not to sleepTo creep or not to creepAnd some can't remember, what others recallFuck all those perfect people
Sleepy eyes, waltzing throughNo, I'm not talking about you
To stand or not to standTo plan or not to planTo stall or not to stallFuck all those perfect people
To drink or not to drinkTo think or not to thinkSome choose to dismember you're rise and your fallAnd fuck all those perfect people
Sleepy eyes, waltzing throughWell, I'm talking 'bout you
To sing or not to singTo swing or not to swingHell, he fills up the silence like a chalk on the wallFuck all those perfect people
To pray or not to prayTo sway or not to swayJesus died for something or nothing at allFuck all those perfect people
Sleepy eyes, waltzing throughI'm talking about you

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

OFF THE GRID FESTIVAL

JERRY MOTOR - MARY

ALPS. - WANT YOU NOW