VAN TASTIK - DRAG ME TO HELL

 VAN TASTIK - DRAG ME TO HELL

A few weeks ago I visited the amazing blog Downsideup.be (sometimes in English, sometimes in Dutch) where Julie had written some articles about the adventures of Pete Bernhard and The Devil Makes Three.  In this article she also wrote about her encounter with Van Tastik and that got me triggered so I wanted to find out more about him.

The first song I listened to was Drag Me To Hell and I got blown away instantly.  Van plays some dark Delta Blues that makes you goosebump where you never goosebumped before.  Reverend Van's music tells the tales of darkness and turmoil and in his music and in his voice you can just hear that he already experienced some really life-changing events.

Drag Me To Hell is a dark song with lyrics that chill you to the bone. But it's also god damned beautiful and I am grateful that I got to discover Van's music.


Lyrics :

Take me by the handAnd tell me that you love meTell me that I'm your manAnd that you'll never leave meTell me that you want meYeahThen cast me to the groundTell me that you need meAnd stab me when I turn around
You've got me in your vice gripBaby yeah
You've got me in your vice gripBaby yeah
You've got me in your vice gripBaby yeah
Take me by the handAnd take me to the gatesTell me that I'm a cowardBecause I won't waitOh you leave meIn a pool of my own bloodDarling I ain't against a little painBut you're making my skull numb
You've got me in your vice gripBaby yeahYou've got me in your vice gripBaby yeahYou've got me in your vice gripBaby yeah
Oooh ooh oohOooh ooh oohOooh ooh oohOooh ooh ooh ooooooh
Oh babyLetMeGoOh babyLetMeGoOh honeyI don'tWannaGoDownDon't wannaGoDownDon't Drag MeToHell
Oh babyLetMeGoOhBabyLetMeGoOhHoneyI don'tWannaGoDownI Don'tWannaGoDownDon't Drag MeToHell
Oh babyLetMeGoOhMamaLetMeGoOh honey I don'tWannaGoDownI don'tWannaGoDownDon'tDragMeToHell
Oh babyLetMeGoOhMamaLetMeGoOh honeyI don'tWannaGoDownI don't wannaGoDownYou'reDraggingMeDown
OhMamaLetMeGoOhMamaLetMeGoOh honeyI don'tWannaGoDownI don'tWannaGoDownDon'tDragMeDownToHell
OhMamaLetMeGoOhDarlingLetMeGoOh honeyIDon'tWannaGoDownIDon'tWannaGoDownDon'tDragMe
Down
To Hell


Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

OFF THE GRID FESTIVAL

JERRY MOTOR - MARY

ALPS. - WANT YOU NOW